Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Happy


We moved to wordpress so don't forget to update your bookmarks

This week the challenge is ,,,,,,,,

Triangles

We are showcasing The Crafters Workshop this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!


I'll be honest I didn't have a clue what to do and just allow things to flow and this is what I made! You should of seen the mess I made I must have had nearly every die I own out.
So to start with I needed to use The Crafters workshop items which I had two one was the Mini Dot Square Template which I brought because it is nearly 6inches and the dots are in the scallop square. I don't own extra large dies or a machine that you can use them in and this template means I can draw round and cut out the large scallop.
The other template I have is Mini Punchinella and ran that through my big shot to emboss. I cut out the strip  I was using which was the hexagons. Now all my layers was a bit too white so lots of inking to try and bring it all together.
I always knew I was going to cheat slightly and use the MFT Banner Day die for my triangles, just imagine the top bits are not there! The patterned paper is from American Crafts.


So what was I going to do with the rest of the card Hexagons to me mean Bumble Bees and I do love the one from Circle Friends from Simon Says Stamp but what else. Initially I decided on one flower but why have one, when you can have three. I used the Flower Friend die set to cut out the flowers and leaves and I used the Flower Friend stamps set for the middle of the flower and for the leaves.
I now wish the challenge wasn't for triangles cos I think it would look striking without the banners but I used the Happy die to direct your eye and made a fish tail banner for the Birthday. Time to step away from the card.

Now you know the drill to win the chance of this fabulous prize you have to enter the challenge with a new card no backlinking and you need to enter your post using the linky thing on the challenge blog. Also you need to link to the challenge in your post or you won't be eligible for the prize.

50 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Debby! Love what you did with all the dies and punches!

Judy said...

I can just imagine how much thought you put into this card Debby, and how much time it would have taken to complete. It was well worth it though because it is beautiful, everything co-ordinates really well.

Danni said...

An amazing card! How could anyone not be happy after seeing it!!

Laura Sterckx said...

Gorgeous card, Debby! I love the bright color scheme and those gorgeous banners and flowers! :)

Have a great day!
Laura xxx

Cheryl W. said...

Beautiful, Debby! Somehow you always manage to make the most impressive cards!

Kelly Lloyd said...

Love this card Debby. Great use of the triangles
Hugs Kelly

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Debby, love the design.

Donna x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Debby, love the scalloped mat and fab added detail :) Donna ♥ x

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like your creation w/ the banners. This BEE especially likes the Bee & honeycomb pattern.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card.

Alexandra♥ said...

Such a wonderful card Debby and you totally made it look awesome!

*Vicki* said...

I really love the dies and punches on this creation!! So fun and perfect for a Summer birthday! :) This challenge has made me stop and think...do I have any triangles?! LOL

Debbie said...

Hiya Debby.
Thank you for leaving me a comment on my latest card, always lovely to hear from you.
Wow love today's card. I bought a Chocolate Baroque stamp set recently with Bee's, honeycomb etc on, must get it out and do something like your card, it is so nice. Love that bunting, beautiful flowers too.
Debbiex

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Lovely card Debby love your design it certainly is a Happy card
jacqui x

Whisper said...

Aaah what a sweetie, Luv Sam x

Melissa Bove said...

Super cute card Debby!! Love the banner!!

hugs...

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby :-) the flowers, banner, embossing and all the details are fabulous :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful creation Debby! I love the colors you used, the sketch is fabulous and love the embossing!!

Heather said...

Such an amazing card Debby, your colours and all your elements are just beautiful!!!

hugs
Heather xx

scrappyjacky said...

Just love this card....reminds me of the sunflowers in my garden.

cuilliesocks said...

This is beautiful Debby, love it, gorgeous dies and the colours are wonderful, Kate x

karen said...

Wow a corker of a card Debby, awesome! hugs, Karenx

Ã…se-May said...

Wonderful card....love bees. Hug

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Debby, I love the design and beautiful sunny colours.
hugs Sue xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is fabulous Debby! I agree I always think of bees with honeycomb! Susan x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Debby. I love the design and all the dies.
Lorraine x

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Debby x Susan x

Kathleen said...

Brilliant, love it.

Kath x

rachel said...

this looks fabulous Debby - an interesting challenge!

Pauline C said...

hi Debby - sorry I ahven't visited for a while but as you know things have been a bit difficult here -- tahnks for your kind message on the PBSC DT blog. love this card - colorus, composition, everything. I especially love the hexagon embossing sponged with honey colorued ink ... so honeycombish!
Pauline x

Beryl said...

Super card Debby. Love the embossing done with the punchinella.
Beryl xx

Sharon said...

So many gorgeous dies and punches Debby. The flowers are fabulous and love the design.
Hugs Sharon. x

Mary J said...

Such a great card, Debby! Love how you used all the elements together!

Lin said...

What a happy card, Debby - just love all the dimension!

Craftdee said...

This is gorgeous. Love the embossing - I don't think I've ever seen it before, thanks for the link; now you've gone and made me crack out my ol' Paypal buddy! :-) Donna xx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Man oh man, this card really makes me feel happy. Just the cutest and so cheery!

Unknown said...

This is such a happy card!

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous beautiful colours and a great image
Hugs Kate xx

Dawn T said...

fabulous Debby. Love the colours and the texture.

Tracy said...

Hi Debby
Gorgeous creation, love all your details and colouring too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

coops said...

so stunning debby.gorgeous sunshine colours and i love your design :D

xx coops xx

Sandy said...

wonderful card - love those flowers!
Sandy

Katherine K :) said...

Adorable card! Love your little scene!
xx Katherine

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous design, Debby! I love how the flowers are graduating! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So super cute! I love how you used your triangles!

luv2srap said...

This card is wonderful. I love all the layers in you cards including some of the earlier post I peeked at!

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful and adorable card, Debby, I love the bee and cute flowers.

Mau xx said...

what a lovely Sunshiny card, I love the bunting and the honeycomb embossing.
Hugs Mau xx

Carol L said...

Your cards are always a treat for the eyes! I love this one, especially the gradual sponged color on the hexagon panel, and the bee? Too stinkin' cute!

XxJULESxX said...

wowser Debby love it!! wish i could design cards like you do!!!