Monday, May 23, 2016

Summer Sandy


I had an idea in my head but I'm not sure in managed itself onto my card. The papers are Doodlebug and the curve is using the Simon Says Stamp Curve Border and in theory I've created with the papers the sand and sea!

I cut round the Stampin Bella Sandy and her Sombrero, I don't do this very often but I wanted to stand out a bit from the papers and this one way that helps. Once thats done I layered her as normal.

I used the Simon Says Stamp Cloudy Skies Stamp and die but I've noticed I haven't embossed the back so there's no dimension. The Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle is used once I had layered my sand and sea and I used the Avery Elle Scallop frame.

I like the idea of the strip by her feet but I may have to change it because I noticed the stamped sentiment is slightly crooked and not very central I obviously was disappointed and rushed a bit.

I do warn you about posting warts but at least I think I can rectified this one a bit.

18 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Great girly card Debby

Anne

brenda said...

It's a lovely creation again Debby and oh to have legs like that.

B x

Squirrel x said...

So gorgeous hun, can't see me wearing that kind of outfit today! xx

Whisper said...

Well if this gorgeous card doesn't make you feel summery, then nothing will :-), Luv Sam x

Jackie T said...

Hi Debby this is a gorgeous card that makes me think of summer. I just wish that I was that skinny. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Pat said...

This is a fab card Debby and the image is cute and with the papers curved you have definitely given the idea of sand and sea. I also love the clouds and birds, and a great sentiment to finish. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A lovely sunny and cheerful card. As it's hand made I'm sure the recipient wouldn't mind the sentiment being floating in the sea?
Faith
x

Kath said...

A fabulous card Debby - I love the bright colours and the fun image.
Kath x

Crafting Queen said...

Great card.

Sarah said...

It's brilliant Debby and no alteration necessary!! xx

Chrissy said...

Awesome card Debby..love the scene you created and the bright Summer colours...fabulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine said...

She looks gorgeous and i love the papers to create the seaside
Lorraine x

Lynsey said...

Hi Debby, this is a great summery card!
Hugs Lynsey x

Carol S. said...

Love the glasses, both the one in her hand and the ones on her nose! Great card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Cheryl W. said...

The DSP you used for this card is perfect! It really helps set the scene. The scallops all the way around your card are great, too. Super card!

Julie said...

Great card Debby, I don't think it matters that the sentiment isn't central and I think it's probably the proximity to the diagonal stripe that makes you think it's a little crooked - a trick of the eye

XxJULESxX said...

wow stunning card Debby you really are so talented!

Ali said...

I am absolutely in awe of your talent for putting colors together. Beautiful!!!