Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Stags Head

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Happy New Year! We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and would like to wish you all a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2017!
Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is

New Something

New Crafty Stash, New Baby, New Job, New Life, Wedding etc, we will be looking forward to seeing whats new!
This week we are showcasing our very own Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Products. You don't have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


Yes I know it looks like a Christmas card but life meant this Magical Christmas Stamp and Die set sat on my desk unused and I was itching to use them.

I first stamped with Dark Chocolate the fabulous stag head, I used the die on a scrap piece of card so I could put the negative over my stamped image and before adding the die. I did take a bit of time placing the die and it was so worth it.

I then used the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Oval to give me a background for the Stags Head. I wondered whether the border could be cut down. It probably could but I loved how it turned out with the die so I left it alone.

The main mat was Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle using matching cardstock which allows me just a touch of mat and layering.

It still needed something so I used Lucy's White Christmas Shaker mix and added a few down the sides.
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.



You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

15 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby, I recently bought this stamp and die set too, isn't it fab!! I will need to ink mine up soon! :-)

Happy New Year!!
luv
Lols x x x

Lin said...

Love the text on the stag, Debby, and that border strip - we're off to a great start to the New Year!

Virginia L. said...

So sophisticated and classy, Debby! Wish you a happy and healthy 2017! Hugs!

Doreen said...

Love the fab die set and great details.xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Debby this is a stunning card I love the dies you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Pat said...

This looks great Debby and I love the way the border continues over the edges of the card. Beautifully embellished with the sequins and snowflakes too. x

Caryn said...

Glad you got round to inking this set up Debby - it's one of my favourites too! Gorgeous card xxx
Happy New Year to you and your family
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Carol S. said...

Great card and love the image. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Debby, love the stamp and die cuts
Lorraine x

Anita in France said...

Fabulous, Debby ... I do love white on kraft ... and you've used it here beautifully with this stunning stag and gorgeous graphic border! Anita :)

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous card, Debby! This would be perfect for a wintery hello card :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

scrappymo! said...

Your stag's head card looks great. it has such a nice masculine feel!

ike said...

So beautiful - a really classy card :-) xxxx

Migdalia said...

Such a beautiful card!!Very Elegant!
Happy New Year!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Such a beautiful elegant card, I really love it! I especially love the script on the deer's head, so original.